There are UNLIMITED WAYS you can find people to join your MLM Business. You Just have to Choose HOW you would like to FIND THEM! Remember, you’re only 1 Superstar Prospect Away from Making Millions in MLM! There is never a shortage of prospects. They are everywhere!
The key to success in MLM is to expose your business to as many people as possible. The more people know about your business, the better. Not every one of these 71 ways may fit your style but remember, you are only ONE person away from making a million dollars in MLM. So use as many methods as possible because you never know where your MLM Superstar is!
1) Warm Market – Make sure you contact EVERYONE you know. Don’t prejudge nor make any of the 5 Deadly Mistakes in MLM Prospecting
2) Casual Acquaintances – Your best prospects are normally people you don’t know well such as friends of friends and acquaintances
3) Referrals – “I’ve got a business idea that can help real estate agents. Do you know anyone that would be interested?
4) Person Standing In Line – Easiest way to start a conversation is to smile and say “Hi, how you doing?”
5) Restaurant (Servers) – Ask them how long they’ve been working there and then say they must love their job. They will disagree and then that’s your opening.
6) Restaurant (Owners) – If you sign them up, you promise that you will host all lunch/dinner meetings there. It’s a win win.
7) Gyms / Fitness Clubs – These people want to achieve more in life already. If you sell nutritional products, then it’s a bigger no brainer
8) Small Local Businesses – Walk into any local business such as a dentist, hair salon, bike store, etc.. Often the owners are struggling or just sick of “owning a job” and are open to opportunity.
9) Sports Leagues – It’s easy to build relationships and create trust when you plan on the same team together and compete
10) Food Court – Very efficient way to approach many people in short amount of time since everyone is concentrated in small area
11) Colleges – Students are always looking for earn more money either to party or to get a head start to pay off their student loans
12) Parking Lots – These people make very little money and can be open to opportunity. Every time you enter or leave, you can drop your business card off.
13) Facebook Friends – They may not be a true “friend” but they are a prospect!
14) Facebook Search – Learn to use the Friends search to find potential prospects in your area. Check out their profiles and compliment them and build a relationship with them.
15) Facebook Groups – Find targeted groups that have things in common. Just remember to don’t sell immediately. Build trust first by contributing to the group
16) Facebook Page – Create a page and then invite your friends to like your page. If you have good content, people will become interested in you. Consistency is the key
17) Twitter – Great way to people new people
18) Pinterest – Post things that are interesting
19) Instagram – Create great images. Excellent way to market the MLM lifestyle
20) LinkedIn – Great source of “S” types of prospects who are more serious and successful than the Facebook crowd
21) LinkedIn Groups – Same as Facebook groups but another source
22) Youtube – Create informational video that are helpful
23) Email Signature – Let everyone know what you’re up to in every email you send
24) Ezine – Write a weekly email that can be a combination of a diary and useful info and send to your list. This is how my blog was born
25) Personal Website with Blog – Good blog content always attracts people
26) Email List – Build an email list and provide good consistent content. That builds trust and relationships
27) Google Search – Search for people you want to contact. If you know a certain industry is declining and people are losing jobs, you can search for them online. For example, if real estate agents are having a tough time selling houses in San Bernardino, you can search “San Bernardino real estate agents”
28) Google Business Listings – Another way is to look up local businesses in your area and target specific industries.
29) Meetup.com – Great place to find meetings in your local area
30) Business Network International (BNI) – Network with other business owners. Place to give and get referrals.
31) Chamber of Commerce – Similar to BNI
32) Seminars and Conferences – Not only will you meet people who want to achieve more in life, you’ll be investing in your self education
33) Culture Festivals – Excellent way to target people from different ethnic backgrounds
34) Parents Teachers Association – The more you give, the more you get back. It allows you to expand your local network
35) Kids Sporting Events – Excellent way to meet parents who always want to spend more time with their kids
36) Birthday Parties – Why do parents throw these for their kids? One reason is for the kids but another reason is for the parents to hang out and network!
37) Mommy Groups – Stay at home moms are great prospects since many are bored at home or they want to get involved with something that has flexible hours.
38) Children Play Groups – Similar to birthday parties and sporting events.
39) Charity Events – Great way to build trust in your community
40) Church Events – Friendly and warm atmosphere to build relationships
41) Trade Booths – You can rent a booth and expose your business or products to attendees
42) Visit Trade Booths – If you don’t want to setup a booth, you can still just go and visit the owners of the booths! Remember to always first focus on how to help these owners.
43) Junk Mail – Sick and tired of all that junk mail? They’re not really “junk” since behind every piece of mail is someone that can be a prospect. Call them!
44) Telemarketers – Next time a telemarketer calls back, let them know you were impressed with their people skills and let them know your company is looking to hire someone like them.
45) Door to Door Salespeople – Same as telemarketers. This is a win-win. Either they join your business or they will never visit you again!
46) Service Providers – Who is your gas man? Your cable guy? Don’t waste the opportunity to prospect them!
47) Yellow Pages – Whether it is the online or offline version, they are excellent way to target business owners who often may be looking for alternative streams of income
48) White Pages – Great way to get over phone fear and the fear of rejection. Simply call and dial!
49) Free Classifieds – Available both online and offline. Free advertising for your business
50) Newspapers – You can advertise in business or career section or be creative and advertise in Travel section!
51) Lifestyle Magazines – Good place to advertise. People with big dreams read car, travel, or magazines about fancy homes.
52) Hobby Magazines – Another place to advertise because the readers all want more time to spend on their hobby
53) Ethnic Newspapers – Excellent source to target different ethnic groups especially if you plan to expand into another market
54) Realtor Signs – Call a real estate agent. You never know!
55) Realtor Books – These can be found in supermarkets
56) Purchased Leads – Not my favorite but I’ve signed up people. Make sure the lead company is credible.
57) Drop Cards in Books – Put your business card in middle of business books in bookstores.
58) Drop Your Business Card in Fishbowl – You never know the employee that has to sort out the cards may be interested
59) Door Hangers – You can hire a high school kid to go door to door and drop these off
60) Flyers – Post these in high traffic areas, colleges, windows of cards or door to door
61) Clothing – Wear your clothing with your company logo
62) Car Advertising – Put signs on your car with phone number to text/call
63) Put Your Business Cards on Windshield Wipers – Most will throw them out but 1 or 2 may not. You just never know…
64) Put Business Card on Bulletin Boards – Let others know about your business
65) Call Business Cards on Bulletin Boards – You never know…
66) Bandit Signs – Place signs in random parts of your neighborhood. Best places are high traffic areas such as freeway exits or corner of business intersection
67) Call Business Cards from Fishbowl – Before you drop your card, get the phone numbers of a few of the cards already in the bowl
68) Any Check You Send Out – Include your business card every time you have to mail a check. A person has to open that envelope and will see your card
69) Direct Mail – You can buy a mailing list and then mail a letter, flyer or postcard
70) Postcards – Next time you’re on a vacation, mail postcards to your prospects
Here is a simple script you can use:
1) How long have you been working at your job?
2) Does your current job provide you the financial security that you and your family need?
3) Have you been looking at something that will secure your future? If they say, “yes”, ask them what they have found. Hear what they say and then ask them
4) “Would you be interested in looking at something that will help you financially without interfering with your current job?” If they say, “no”, then leave them your business card and say
5) “When you’re ready to start looking, then you can give me a call.”